This is the first course in the Google Cybersecurity Certificate.
These courses will equip you with the skills you need to prepare for an entry-level cybersecurity job. In this course, you will be introduced to the world of cybersecurity through an interactive curriculum developed by Google.
You will identify significant events that led to the development of the cybersecurity field, explain the importance of cybersecurity in today’s business operations, and explore the job responsibilities and skills of an entry-level cybersecurity analyst.
Take the Certificate HERE.
- Get started with the certificate program: 0:00
- What is cybersecurity? 10:16
- Core skills for cybersecurity professionals: 17:37
- Review: Welcome to the exciting world of cybersecurity: 25:18
- History of security: 26:14
- Eight security domains: 36:40
- Review: The evolution of cybersecurity: 44:20
- Security frameworks and controls: 46:02
- Ethics for a cybersecurity professional: 57:12
- Review: Protecting against threats, risks, and vulnerabilities: 1:01:51
- Important cybersecurity tools: 1:02:53
- Programming languages in cybersecurity: 1:08:47
- Review: Cybersecurity tools: 1:11:46
- Congratulations on completing course 1: 1:12:26
- End Title Card – 1:14:12